A number of students will be selected to volunteer at the SMC conference. The selected student volunteer will receive a refund for their reduced rate registration fees (early bird IEEE SMC student rate) afterwards. Students are required to work for one full day of the SMC conference.
- Applicant must be the first or second author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- Applicant must register and present their papers at the conference.
- Applicant must be a PhD or Master student.
- Applicant must be IEEE and SMC Society Student Member
- Applicant must register with a reduced rate (early bird IEEE SMC student rate)
Click here to see how to join as SMC student member.
Volunteers may be assigned different tasks during their work day. There may be a student volunteer meeting at the first conference day. Student volunteers are primarily responsible for helping with the student information desk, the registration desk, the computer room and setting up audio-visual equipment.
The following documents should be prepared for the application:
- Volunteer Registration Form (attached as below)
- Scanned copy of student card
- Scanned copy of IEEE Membership Card
Note: Any scanned documents should be preferably in PDF format and smaller than 500k.
All documents should be zipped and send to Patrick Chan, Student Activities Chair () by July 31st 2013. Please use "SMC 2013 Student Volunteer Registration" as subject. Notification of acceptance will be made in August.