Student Travel Grants
SMC Society awards a number of travel student grants for the students who are in most need and lack financial resources to attend. Successful student grant recipients would receive a USD $500 upon registering and presenting the paper at the conference.
- Applicant must be the first or second author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- Applicant must register and present their papers at the conference.
- Applicant must be a PhD or Master student.
- Applicant must be IEEE and SMC Society Student Member
Click here to see how to join as SMC student member.
The following documents should be prepared for the application:
- Student Grant Application Form (attached as below)
- An official letter from supervisor or department chair stating that you need additional funds to attend the SMC Conference
- Scanned copy of student card
- Scanned copy of IEEE Membership Card
Note: Any scanned documents should be preferably in PDF format and smaller than 500k.
All documents should be zipped and send to Patrick Chan, Student Activities Chair () by July 31st 2013. Please use "SMC 2013 Student Travel Grant Application" as subject. Notification of acceptance will be made in August.